This Boob-Themed Milk Truck Delivers Nourishment
Food trucks are no recent phenomenon, but food trucks for babies are certainly something new.
And no, we aren’t talking about a trendy new gluten-free, veganlicious restaurant-on-wheels for toddlers… we’re talking about food straight from the bosom. Yep, old-fashioned style. Just like Mama used to make.
The Milk Truck — a converted ice cream truck with a big ole’ breast on top — isn’t so much as a restaurant as it is a space for mothers to breastfeed, dreamed up by artist Jill Miller. Miller, who received her MFA from the University of California, Los Angeles, unveiled the project in 2011 at the Pittsburgh Biennial at the Andy Warhol Museum with the “mission of advocating for the rights of babies to eat wherever they are.”
The colorful pink, red, and blue mobile breastfeeding unit is a safe haven for mothers to feed their babies “in places where they have been discouraged – restaurants, shopping malls, public spaces, etc.” This is important, because as Incredible Things points out, “it’s only fair — adults eat all the time regardless of where they are or who is around.”
Maybe babies and adults can finally dine in peace with the help of this truck, which aims to “spread the word by providing breastfeeding support and information through social media.”
In the end, The Milk Truck looks like a comfy, happy place to get fed from Mother Nature. Why aren’t there more of these?
And the giant boob? It’s just a giant bonus.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor