Chipotle Stepping It Up With Craft Beers
But only if you live in Chicago.
Still. Craft beers have been all the rage lately, bringing even the lowliest of drinks to stand on the soapbox-y shoulders of hipsterdom. Chipotle already serves some traditional Mexican and Latin American beers, as well as a few American favorites (Corona, Miller Lite). But with the new step toward craft beers, Chipotle plans to bring in two drinks from a Chicago-area microbrewery called 5 Rabbit Cerveceria: 5 Rabbit and 5 Vulture (apparently similar to Corona and Negra Modelo, respectively).
While the everyone’s favorite burrito chain is only trying its new craft beer service at 15 locations in Chicago, there are plans to expand the trial area to 75 Chicago-based locations, and tack on a few extra craft brands.
Hey, you know who has a lot of craft breweries? California. C’mon, Chipotle + craft beer. We won’t bite.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor