How to Eat Dinner Like a Lady (or Gentleman)
Attention all slovens: Are you one of those people who drinks wine straight out of the bottle and reuses the same bowl for every meal without washing it in between? Well, Gemma Correll’s cutesy illustrations may be of help. Here, she demonstrates proper dinner etiquette, for those times when courtesy (and actual cutlery) are required.
For the right way to sit in your chair, pretend as if a cat is in front of you and a mouse is behind you.
Just remember: BMW (bread, meal, water).
Never intercept a pass! Remember, hungry people can be angry people.
Once you’re finished with your meal, place your knife and fork diagonally facing the upper left part of the plate. Think of them as arms on a clock in the 11 – 5 position, also known as I’m-freaking-full o’clock.
Via Cup of Jo
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor