Maximus Man Vodka, for Maximus Man Throats
Call me sexist, but for all the complaining about “for her”-branded products, somehow their man-targeted counterparts just come across as funny. Take Old Spice. No diamond-bearing, horse-riding manly man wants to smell like a lady, obviously. So when I stumbled across the new marketing campaign by Maximus Vodka — positioning their 100% vodka-flavored vodka as vodka just “for men” — my kneejerk reaction was: yes! Of course! Absolutely!
And then I went to ask my editors for permission to write about it, but they were all too busy barbecuing and fly fishing to pay any attention to my silly little words.
Drinkers of Maximus Vodka, the campaign seems to promise, will be able to “Raft rivers for breakfast,” find hidden countries and race against whales. The geniuses behind it were also kind enough to include vivid and detailed illustrations, in case the copy is too complicated for all you manly men who are too busy adventuring to worry about things like learning how to read.
Just make sure to enjoy Maximus in a “horde of men,” while you all take turns pouring it down your deep “man throats.” Because it tastes better that way. Or something.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor