Girl-Scout Cookies Get An Upgrade: Do-si-do Stuffed Cookies
I am not a fan of Girl Scout cookies. There I said it. Now, all the haters can barrage me with the onslaught of horrified disbelief that I know awaits me. Yet while there are people willing to lie, cheat, steal in order to get their hands on a box of thin mints and samoas, I never really understood the sugar hype. The cookies always reminded me of stale Play-doh, and back in college I would buy a box to support the cause, then hand them over to my roommate who would devour them.
Then, I found this lil’ trick. The concept is similar to the S’more Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookie and presents a gooey indulgence for peanut butter lovers. Rather than eating the Girl Scout classic Do-si-do by its lonesome, the recipe calls for a layer of dark chocolate peanut butter dough to completely encase the peanut butter cookie sandwich. So let’s get it straight: It’s a peanut butter Do-si-do wrapped in dark chocolate and more peanut butter.
This puts Play-doh on a whole new level.
Check out the full recipe here.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor