Here’s How to Make Blacklight Cupcakes
Other than looking like a Lisa Frank sugar rush, these neon cupcakes are the perfect treat for raver bunnies worldwide. Made to glow under the eerie glare of a blacklight, the playful delights are an ingenious creation by Recipe Snobs (adore the name).
The key step was discovered when a particular snobbette was faced with a dilemma of having to add enough tonic water into her cupcake frosting without making it too runny or peculiar-tasting. After finally reaching an agreeable consistency that would glow in the dark, she was dismayed to find that adding any sort of food coloring to the frosting prevented it from glowing.
The solution? She placed the frosted cupcakes in the freezer until the frosting hardened, then dipped them in liquid gelatin made with tonic water. Voila! Pseudo-radioactive cupcakes to feast on at your next post-apocalyptic rave.
See the full recipe here.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor