Because this is America, Candied Bacon Macarons
Fusion. Hybrid. Multiethnic. America is a melting pot, or is it a salad now? These ideas go beyond your third grade class, and in food, go beyond French Asian fare. And what better way to infuse America into the French via the way of the macaron?
You guessed it: Bacon. Offered up from the Macaron Parlour, the candied bacon with maple cream cheese macaron promises to please both the masculine and feminine appetites in any person’s soul. The perfect Ying and Yang of the petite burger-looking pastry world.
The Macaron Parlour, co-founded by the rather erudite baking duo of Christina Ha and Simon Tung in 2010, breaks the boundaries of macaron convention. The Macaron Parlour are true innovators of the petite world, serving up odd yet sensational flavors like candied bacon with maple cream cheese, s’mores daringly made with brown sugar, lemon basil, and Earl Grey.
For a while, the Macaron Parlour operated nomadically, like pastry guerrillas, whose sweet confections could only be found online, through roaming the streets, or scouting events. The duo has recently taken the plunge into opening their own storefront and no, it isn’t a miniature.
Photos courtesy MacaronParlour
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor