Disney Might Buy The Food Network…We Imagine Miley vs. Paula Showdown
Apparently owning the happiest place on earth, a publisher, a comic book publisher, the largest sports news network, movie production and your own channel just didn’t do it for Disney. With the recent news of the Scripps Networks’, which owns The Travel Channel, HGTV and The Food Network, controlling family trust disbanding, Bloomberg has reported that Disney may just be the top candidate to take over. According to the report, this allegedly would be a move to draw a larger female audience. Who knew I wasn’t supposed to love The Food Network and HGTV… at least they didn’t mention the DIY channel!
So what would a Disney owned Food Network look like? Here are some thoughts and moments that I, for one, am excited about:
When Mickey tells Robert Irvine to stop making people cry.
When they come out with a new show: Phineas and Herb: How to cook with spices and plants.
When Ted Allen looks at Zac Efron and says, “I’m sorry Chefron, but you’ve been chopped!” Looks like it’s Seventeen Sous Chef Again for you Zac.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor