Done Right: The Bacon Milkshake
So as everyone knows earlier this year Jack In The Box launched a new ad campaign called “Marry Bacon” with a random mess of “limited edition” bacon inspired menu items. Jack’s Pièce De Résistance of these items is his Bacon Shake… Naturally I tried it. I’m not going lie it was PURE GARBAGE. Imagine the cheapest of the cheap bacon-bits ( you know, the ones with that reddish pink hue to them) blended in with freezer burnt vanilla ice cream, then finished off with some whip cream and a maraschino cherry. Yummy, right?
After tasting that nightmare, I made it my soul mission to create a REAL bacon shake.
First off lets talk ingredients. This part is SUPER simple, but it’s also one of the most important. There are only six ingredients to this thing — so no excuses, man up and get the real stuff, playa’. No short cuts!
- Thick Cut Maple Bacon (4 slices)
- Real Maple Syrup (1/8 cup)
- Sea Salt (pinch)
- Brown Sugar (enough to get the job done)
- Whole Milk (1/2 cup)
- French Vanilla Ice Cream (lots)
Lay the bacon out evenly on a baking rack. Then set the rack in a cookie sheet, but make sure before you do that, you layer the bottom with aluminum foil. Gotta have some way to catch all that lovely bacon grease. Before you put them in the oven, sprinkle some brown sugar on the top of the bacon, then pop dem’hoes in till they extra crispy.
When the bacon is done cooking, let it cool for a little, then take a strip (or two) and chop it up into lil’pieces. Using a kitchen spoon, scoop up some left over bacon grease and set it aside.
Now here’s where things get crazy… You are going to want to dump the ice cream, milk, maple syrup, sea salt, bacon bits, and yes, the ENTIRE spoon full of bacon grease into the blender. TRUST ME. The Bacon grease is key.
While that is all blending up to perfection, Take your glass and rim it with the left over brown sugar.
Then pour the shake in your sugar rimmed glasses and garnish with a stick of that candied bacon.
Now ENJOY! and oh yeah, go ahead and make an appointment with a cardiologist.
via – The Glut Life
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor