Here’s How to Make Chocolate Pop Rocks Potato Chips, For a Fireworks Show of Flavor in Your Mouth
I’m not sure which is more upsetting, the fact that I didn’t know Chocolate Pop Rocks existed, or the fact that last time I visited instructable user lmnopeas‘s page, I somehow managed to completely miss this recipe.
In any case, here’s the brilliant step-by-step, with my sincerest apologies to the world for making you all wait so long to see it.
Because “the salt and crunch from the chip, mixed with the exploding popping candy creates a fireworks-show of flavor in your mouth!”
Chocolate Pop Rock Potato Chips
- 1 Bar of Special Dark Chocolate or Chocolate Bar of Choice
- 1 Container of Lays Stax Potato Chips or Chips of Choice
- 3 Bags of Chocolate Pop Rocks
- Baking sheet lined with wax paper
- Double Boiler to melt chocolate
Step 1: Melt Chocolate
To melt the chocolate, place a heavy bottomed sauce pan filled half way with water on the stove. Turn stove on to medium-low heat. In the meantime, unwrap chocolate bar and chop it into small pieces.
Once the water begins to simmer, turn heat to low and place a heat-proof bowl on top. Place chopped chocolate inside bowl and stir slowly until chocolate melts.
Remove bowl from heat.
Step 2: Make the Chocolate Pop Rock Potato Chips
Place potato chips on a plate and pop rocks in a bowl. Using a spatula or silicone brush, gently brush a coat of the chocolate onto the potato chip. Then sprinkle the potato chip with pop rocks. You only need a couple of pop rocks per potato chip. Place chips on a wax sheet lined baking sheet.
Repeat until all of the pop rocks are gone. You may have a small amount of chocolate left over.
Place baking sheet in refrigerator for no longer than 3-4 minutes. You just need the chocolate to firm up a little. Remove from the refrigerator and enjoy!
[Photo and recipe credit: Lisa Trifiro]
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor