Michael Jordan’s 1992 ‘McJordan’ McDonald’s Sauce Hits Ebay for $10K
Michael Jordan’s legacy is a defining trademark of the 90s. Dubbed “His Airness,” Jordan dominated the courts and lead the Chicago Bulls to two epic three-peats. Everything he endorsed was gold and everyone from Nike to Upper Deck scrambled to get a piece of his Midas Touch.
So it was unsurprising when Jordan and McDonald’s launched the McJordan Burger in 1992. The all-star sandwich consisted of a quarter-pound beef patty with onions, pickles, cheese and bacon and a special barbecue sauce made specifically for the McJordan. The burger was sold at limited franchises around the US for a limited time that year.
Nearly 20 years later, a posting on Ebay brought back the 90s in the form of a unopened, one gallon jug of special McJordan barbecue sauce. The going price? $9,995.
The seller, who also has an array of other McDonald’s memorabilia for sale, reminds potential buyers that this is “a once in lifetime chance to own the rarest of rare Michael Jordan and McDonald’s collectible” and that it is possibly, the “last one left on Earth.”
You’d think the idea of spending nearly $10K on a jug on rancid sandwich spread was ludicrous, but the seller has already rejected 10 offers dating back from July.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor