Gangnam Style Takes Over Coffee
It’s happened. Gangnam Style has finally infiltrated the world of food via an artfully made cappucino.
The viral video has hit nearly 360 million views worldwide, the craze spreading to every facet of our every day lives (see In-N-Out inspired parody). The song has possibly become the most insanely catchiest beat to hit YouTube, possibly more than any Bieber Fever jingle on the radio. So what do you do when every time you hop on an elevator you get a sudden urge to thrust your hips shake your junk? Nothing. There’s no hope for you at that point.
We can only imagine what the next step for the Gangnam empire will be. Gangnam toasters, so you can munch on PSY while you drink your morning coffee? Gangnam Fruit Loops, so you can be awesome and yummy? Gangnam condoms? Actually, that’s already been done.
One thing’s certain, the day I look down into my machiatto and see PSY grinning at me is the day I stop drinking coffee. Actually, the former is more likely than the latter.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor