Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Shortage Got You Down? We Have a DIY Solution
Is the Pumpkin Spice Latte the next bacon? This morning the Wall Street Journal reported a sudden shortage of the seasonal beverage, the news sent Starbucks lovers into a spiral of tweeting depression:
The annual frenzied hype leading to the beverage’s September 4th launch and its subsequent high demand, seems to have drained Starbucks cafes of supplies. The scene: Baristas run wild from Starbucks franchise to franchise, trying to refill their batches. Customers itch themselves with want for their Pumpkin fix. Clever fiends make the most of the moment and sell the limited syrup for double the price on ebay. It’s a crazy world out there.
Tips for surviving the coffee Armageddon? A DIY Pumpkin Spice Latte. It’s work, yes but that’s usually the answer to most #firstworldproblems.
- 2 tbsp (1 oz)Torani Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie syrup
- 1 cup (8oz) Fat Free Milk
- 2 Shots Espresso*
- Steam milk and syrup together.
- Pour into a cup and add brewed espresso*.
- Spoon a thin layer of foamed milk over top of beverage.
*Can substitute 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor