A Look at KFC’s New Deep Fried, Bacon-Stuffed Potato Fritters, Because This is…Japan?
Admit it KFC America, it’s a little embarassing that Japan came up with this first.
Harkening back to the chicken chain’s original Southern roots, KFC Japan has combined a handful of good ol’ fashioned soul food staples to create its new Bacon Potato Fritters, available for a limited time. Featuring a mix of mashed potatoes, bacon, herbs and sour cream–which is then battered and fried into a salty-starchy-miracle of a patty–this newfangled thingamabob basically takes the sides of the traditional KFC menu and fuses them into one big finger food. And I’m really not sure you can get any more American than that.
KFC’s new Colonel Bacon Potato Fritters are available for ¥170 or about $2.17, for any of our Japanese readers, or anyone else lucky enough to visiting any time soon.
[Via Brand Eating]
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor