Check Out These Sweet Star Wars LED Lightsaber Popsicle Makers, Broda
In a 2008 episode of How I Met Your Mother entitled “The Fight,” Jason Segel’s character makes the fine prediction that ”three to five years” from then, he would be cutting his Thanksgiving turkey with a lightsaber. If you, like me, are too antsy to wait another year though, these Star Wars LED Lightsaber Popsicle Makers from ThinkGeek get the whole experience of eating with Old Green pretty damn close.
Originally envisioned as an April Fool’s joke, this “Saber-lickin’ good!” ice pop mold pack features a set of four lightsaber hilts, two Lukes and two Vaders, each with an inserted LED that lets you light up the “blade” in red or green. Just pour in your favorite liquid, pop on the hilt and in four hours throw away all self-consciousness and stage your very own epic light saber battle (sound effects, sadly, not included.)
A couple other caveats: because the LEDs are battery powered, the hilts are not machine-washable, and unless you plan on making popsicles out of plain sugar water, chances are the color of the LEDs will get lost anyway beneath the filter of whatever orange or purple or Yoda-colored juice you put in the mold.
But if you are just looking for some geektastic decoration or happen to actually like sugar water, have at it. The Star Wars Lightsaber Ice Pop Maker will be available around November, all four for $35 (or less than $10 each).
Oppa Gungan style.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor