How to Make Chocolate-covered Cheetos Ice Cream
I recently purchased an ice cream maker. Be afraid. Be intrigued. Be ready to run out and buy one of your very own. That way you can make Chocolate-Covered Cheetos Ice Cream. You’re Welcome.
I know what you’re probably thinking, “Becky, you sure know how to rock a polar bear hat/scarf/mittens combo.” Thank you, and I know, right! But you’re probably also thinking, “Wouldn’t the Cheetos get soggy?” Not if you dip them in chocolate first! The coating creates a buffer around the Cheetos to help them maintain maximum crispiness for as long as this ice cream lasts (which won’t be long). I used the Simple Vanilla Ice Cream recipe that came with my Cuisinart Ice Cream and Sorbet Maker (which, in and of itself, is an amazing ice cream and a perfect base for all kinds of crazy mix-ins).
Chocolate-Covered Cheetos Ice Cream
- 1c Cheetos, chopped into pieces (around the size of an M&M or even as big as a Peanut M&M)
- chocolate baking bark
- 1c whole milk
- ¾c sugar
- pinch salt
- 2c heavy cream
- 1T vanilla
- In a medium bowl, whisk milk, sugar and salt until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours, or overnight.
- In the meantime, melt baking bark and coat chopped up Cheetos in chocolate (accidental alliteration!) so no orange is showing.
- Turn on the ice cream maker; pour the mixture into the frozen freezer bowl and let mix until thickened, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- About 5 minutes before the ice cream is ready, pour in the Cheetos.
- Transfer the ice cream to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours before serving.
Have you seen that commercial with the taste buds who are chanting “Snickers Ice Cream!”? Well, when you try this Chocolate-Covered Cheetos Ice Cream, your mouth with be saying, “Snick-who?”
I cannot wait to get back into the kitchen and try out other ice cream recipes. And I’ll be sure to fill you in (Ow! Ow!) when I hit frozen dairy dessert gold.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor