Domino’s Pizza Invites Guests to Dine-In with ‘Pizza Theater’ and New Logo
Honestly, when was the last time you sat down and ate inside a chain pizza restaurant? Domino’s Pizza, with a huge menu that ranges from pizzas, subs, salads and desserts, has something huge hiding up their sleeves to change that — and it all begins with a new company logo and a ‘Pizza Theater’ store design.
Breaking away from the traditional feel of small, cramped lobbies with very limited seating, the new ‘Theater’ designs are geared to enhance the overall experience of the consumer. Some features include an open viewing area of the food preparation process which includes a raised platform for children, the ability to order from a kiosk, a more comfortable lobby, and a chalk board for customers to leave feedback or to express their creativity. Other store additions may include big screen televisions, in-store dining, as well as “grab and go” items, such as salads, cookies, and parfaits. Pictured below is just an idea of what to expect with the new store layouts.
According to Domino’s Pizza’s chief marketing officer, Russell Weiner, the idea for change started in 2008 when the company expanded their menu and began to interact more with their customers.
The new design, which essentially drops “Domino’s Pizza” text and streamlines the image of the company’s iconic slanted blue and red domino, marks a huge branding change in the company’s 52 years of existence. “We’d like to reach the point where we’re as recognized as the Nike Swoosh or the Golden Arches,” said Weiner on behalf of the new company logo.
Brand new Domino’s locations across the U.S. and some countries will feature the new store designs and logo, while only majorly remodeled existing locations will receive the new logo.
Expect to see the new branding beginning this October.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor