Ring Pop is Planning to Release a Gummi Version of Their Iconic Candy Jewelry
You remember the move, get a few points right on that spelling test and your teacher let you snag a Ring Pop, a little plastic ring with a suckable piece of candy jewel on top. Word on the street is, we can expect a gummi version of the iconic candy to be hitting stores early 2013.
Ring Pops carry a lot of nostalgia for my generation. Hell, I even proposed to a girl back in kindergarten with a Ring Pop (true story, my cruel mother thought it was the funniest thing to watch me get rejected), so my emotional ties to the candy run rather deep.
Bazooka Candy Brands, the parent company to Ring Pop as well as other cavity-inducing treats like Bazooka Bubble Gum and the Push Pop, recently revealed that they will be expanding the signature Ring Pops line with completely edible gummi versions.
The new Ring Pop Gummies will be available in strawberry, cherry, watermelon and blue raspberry flavors. You can expect the new candy to be in stores come 2013, supported by a national marketing and promo campaign, and will be available in 1.7-ounce pouches and five-ounce peg bags with a SRP of $1.19 and $2.29.
All I know is that I’m so utterly excited to finally eat the entire ring. I mean, all those damn confused childhood years of having to stop at the base of the ring once the candy was sucked dry. How come they didn’t call it “Only-eat-the-thing-on-top-of-the-Ring-Pop”?
Oh well, now that the new Ring Pop Gummies are entirely edible, I won’t have to wonder what the RING Pop actually tastes like.
What, I’m the only one?
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor