Oreo Celebrates Mars Rover With a Special Cookie
Oreo, never one to let a worldly event go unmentioned within their product line or social media efforts, just tweeted an amazing looking, not-for-sale (that we know of) version of their Oreo cookie that helps celebrate the landing of NASA’s robotic explorer ‘Curiosity’ on the surface of Mars.
While the landing on Mars is very real, the Oreo is quite fictional – albeit a fun product to dream about.
Imagine Oreo released a line red velvet cream cookies, and when pulled apart, actually had track-marks in the cream. I’d buy a package of them — hell, I’d buy a crate.
Maybe they can make that happen before we find out that this landing on Mars is actually a precursor to an open line of communication between us humans and some serious Oreo-hatin’ aliens.
At least for now, the ball is in our court — err — in Oreo’s court. Let’s go humans. We can land on the moon, and we can make normal sweet confections into red velvet confections — we have the technology. Let’s do it!
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor