No Special Treatment for Drunken ‘Level 14 Government Officials’ At McDonald’s Drive-Thrus
There are plenty of (not-so) secret tricks you can pull at most fast food chains to get a little something extra, but turns out claiming to be a “Level 14 Government Official” isn’t one of them.
Late Sunday night, a 27-year-old, clearly intoxicated woman walked up to a McDonald’s drive-thru in Greenfield, Wis., and requested—nay, demanded—they satisfy her drunken munchies, on the merit that she was a “Level 14 Government Official”—shh!
Real General Scale (GS) pay level federal employees can make approximately $84,000 to $110,000 annually, leading CBS Chicago to wonder why exactly someone of her pay grade would be walking around a McDonald’s drive-thru without a car. Here’s a thought: maybe she was just being a responsible citizen by not drinking and driving. No problems here officer, just doing my civic duty.
Unsurprisingly, McDonald’s employees didn’t buy it and called the police, after refusing to take her order because she wasn’t in a vehicle, which might be a little too bad.
Here’s hoping there’s no news these next few weeks about freak toxic spills in Greenfield, or else a few late night McDonald’s employees might have just dun goof’d.
[Via The Consumerist]
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor