7-Eleven Has a Mashed Potatoes and Gravy Vending Machine
Oh, how I wish I could have ended the title of this article with because this is America – but believe it or not, this Maggi Mashed Potato vending machine is a product of a 7-11 store in Singapore.
You’ve seen similar contraptions within the walls of your local 7-Eleven before, but they were dispensing chili and cheese on your nachos and hot dogs. This time around, Maggi’s machine dispenses
little bits of Thanksgiving squirts of mashed potatoes with every button push.
The magic is pretty simple: Walk up to the machine with your mashed potato cup under the spout, press the ‘Mashed Potato’ button and out comes hot, instant mashed potatoes — followed by the gravy. There’s even a mysteriously ominous foodbeastesque button that reads ‘Mashed Potato BBQ Flavor’ that we wish someone out there in Singapore would press for us.
According to a 7-11 rep, these machines are actually quite popular in Singapore. No word on whether the US will see these machines in the immediate future, but the representative did note that “each 7-Eleven owner is responsible for requesting such hardware for their specific locations.”
You know what that means? Time to start sharing this story with the world so that local 7-Eleven directors can understand that us Ummericans want to cover our hotdogs with mashed potatoes, gravy, chili and pico de gallo. What — just me?
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor