Restaurant Owner Dies After Breakfast with President Obama
Tears of joy are usually shed after meeting with President Barrack Obama, but tears of sadness also struck after a devastating death followed the president’s visit to a small diner.
Josephine “Ann” Harris, 70, had the honor of not only meeting President Obama, but providing breakfast for him at her family-owned restaurant during his Friday morning trip to Akron, Ohio.
President Obama ordered two eggs over easy, bacon, wheat toast, grits and orange juice at “Ann’s Place” before heading out to continue his bus tour of Ohio and Pennsylvania.
Unfortunately, soon after the president’s visit, Harris was rushed to the hospital after experiencing fatigue and a tingling feeling. She was pronounced dead at 11:15 a.m.
Harris had high-profile celebrities such as Rev. Jesse Jackson and several NFL players visit her restaurant in the past, but her family said that none were like the president. They said that Ann loved President Obama and she was nervous upon learning that he would be visiting her restaurant.
Reports said that she had been feeling ill before the visit took place.
The president called Harris’ family to express his condolences as a picture of he, Harris and her family will now hang from a wall in the diner.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor