Slater’s 50/50 Debuts a 100% Ground Bacon Burger
Southern California burger chain Slater’s 50/50 has spent the past couple years making a name for itself through its flagship burger patty that blends 50% ground beef and 50% ground bacon into a local hero of a menu item.
In celebration of one the most patriotic months of the year, the 3-location chain is debuting The ‘merica burger — a patty made of 100% ground bacon topped with a slice of thick cut bacon, a sunny side up egg, a new “bacon island” dressing and a heavy slice of bacon cheddar cheese. Bacon on bacon on bacon — apparently the only way to top their 50/50 ground beef bacon blend patty is to go 100% bacon.
This limited-time burger of the month for July comes on the heels of many over-the-top monthly burger concoctions from the increasingly popular restaurant. Just last month the chain featured a Pulled Pork Burger, the month before that was a Chorizo Burger, and in months prior they’ve had items like an Orange Chicken Burger, a Lamb Burger and even a Chili Cheese Frito Burger back in January of 2011.
If you were the creative mind behind Slater’s burgers, what kind of burger would you have on the menu next month? Share your ideas in the comments!
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor