Wendy’s Giving Out Free Frostys for Juvenile Diabetes Awareness
If you weren’t aware of juvenile diabetes, Wendy’s can help with that. According to the Huffington Post, Wendy’s will give out four free Frostys to those who donate at least $1 to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation this summer.
So, if you donate and help for diabetes research, Wendy’s will give you an overabundance of sugary snacks. One serving of a Frosty contains 42 grams of sugar and 300 calories, so four of them would have (let’s see, that, plus that, carry the three) 168 grams of sugar and 1,200 calories.
That’s like donating money to the Brain Trauma Foundation and winning a chance to fight Manny Pacquiao in an organized boxing match.
However, the money will be going to a good cause and you can get yourself free ice cold Frostys to enjoy this summer.
While it might sound contradictory, poor eating habits aren’t the cause of Juvenile Diabetes, but if you donate enough, you might want to enter yourself for Type Two Diabetes research.
In 2011, the JDRF teamed up with KFC for a similar promotion where KFC donated a dollar for every half gallon of soda a customer bought.
When we get more details of the promotion, we’ll pass it on to you and make sure you get your free Frosties.
[Thx Huff Post]
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor