Carl’s Jr. Joins Growing Trend — Adds Sweet Potato Fries To Menu
One of the newest menu items to hit a Carl’s Jr. nearest you are Sweet Potato Fries. Featuring premium-quality, natural cut sweet potatoes, these fries have the potential to overtake the demand for their regular or CrissCut style if they’re done right.
Facing the likes of other fast food giants such as Wendy’s and Burger King, who serve a baked sweet potato and sweet potato fries (respectfully), Carl’s Jr. already has some serious competition if they want to take the lead.
Consider your own guidelines for the perfect french fry, but these fries need to be crispy, flavorful, and perfectly seasoned to stand a chance. However, noting the current quality of their regular french fries, Carl’s Jr. might have something good up their sleeves.
I just received official word that although the fries aren’t receiving a press release, some locations are already serving up the sweet fried treats. Available for a limited time only, the fries could also become a permanent menu item depending on how well they’re received by the public. Unfortunately, the sweet potato fries are a West Coast-only item and won’t be offered at any Hardee’s locations.
Carl’s Jr.’s Sweet Potato Fries start at $1.99 (which may vary by location) and are available in small, medium or large sizes, and can be included as part of a combo.
Do you guys have a favorite fast food joint for sweet potato fries? Is this just another fast food trend that will eventually die out? I’m curious to see if McDonald’s will ever introduce their spin on sweet potato fries, but we’ll just have to wait and see.
Leave us some comments, we’d love to hear your thoughts!
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor