Instead of Not Buying Sandwiches, Man Dials 911
In recent news, a Connecticut man tried to do what he thought was right and dialed 911 over a wrong sandwich order, twice.
Rother McLennon, who is surprisingly a regular at the sandwich shop, resorted to two 911 phone calls after the owner refused to take back all 14 of his incorrect, special order sandwiches.
The sandwiches, which were supposed to consist of a “little turkey, and little ham, a lot of cheese and a lot of mayonnaise,” was such an emergency that McLennon had to block the phone lines of other people who had real, non-sandwich order-related emergencies.
Over the course of the phone calls (which can be heard here in its entirety), the dispatcher kept her cool while offering McLennon some game-changing advice.
“In the future, just don’t buy the sandwich.”
According to the calls, McLennon feared that his future special request sandwich orders will be incorrect unless the police intervened.
Tim Azinheira, the deli owner, stated that he could not take back the sandwiches because they were a special order made to McLennon’s specifications. After McLennon refused to pay, he then used the shop’s phone to make the 911 calls.
In a surprising twist of fate and sandwich addiction (or loyalty), McLennon called the deli on the following day to apologize and said that he’d be back for more sandwiches in the future.
Hopefully McLennon doesn’t make another 911 call next week to let them know how great the sandwiches are. But then again, this is a man who called to complain about an order, so you never know.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor