Umami Burger Opens a Laguna Beach Location With a Lemon Miso Crab Melt
Just yesterday, the quickly expanding Umami Burger chain has just opened their latest Southern California location in the epitome of Orange County excess — Laguna Beach.
The Umami Laguna location boasts a fun vibe that elicits the sea breeze from the ocean just across the street, a full bar for those looking to get their drank on and a Laguna-specific specialty burger in the form of a Lemon Miso Crab Melt.
During our opening day visit yesterday (stay tuned for a more in depth adventure post), we got to sink our teeth into their specialty sandwich. The $15 concoction features jumbo lump crab with burrata cheese, baby heirloom tomatoes and sits in a lemon miso dressing on the familiar, yet delicious Umami-branded buns.
Don’t expect a mayo-heavy crab salad in this sandwich — you can tell that the chef’s responsible for its creation are hoping to put the focus on the crab meat itself, so if you’re a fan of quality seafood in a cool environment, might want to give this dish a whirl!
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor