The Town of Bethel, Alaska is Not Getting a Taco Bell Anytime Soon
Taco Bell fiends in the town of Bethel, Alaska got a dose of a terrible hoax this past week.
You can imagine the frustration of your town’s population (a meager 6,080 residents) when you find out that those Taco Bell ‘Coming Soon’ signs were all a hoax. When the closest place to get a Cheesy Gordita Crunch or a Doritos Locos Taco is 400 miles away, you have a tendency to get excited for things like a Taco Bell being built in your town.
The pranksters went so far as distributing fake fliers, complete with a fake phone number and website, all over town.
Local radio station KYUK broke the news to the town as gently as possible:
Sorry folks, in Bethel you won’t be able to munch on Cheesy Gordita Crunches or Grande Nachos anytime soon. That’s right, officially Bethel is not getting a Taco Bell. I repeat. Bethel is not getting a Taco Bell.
No word on who masterminded the prank, but KYUK informs the Taco Bell hopefuls in town that they can still travel to Anchorage for a Taco Bell experience — they just might need a plane ticket to get there.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor