Chuck E. Cheese Testing Gluten Free Pizza & Cupcakes
We might be seeing gluten-free trend here folks.
Recently Domino’s became the first national pizza chain to launch a gluten-free crust, and on the cusp of their announcement, children party house Chuck E. Cheese’s has also announced that it will be testing both gluten-free pizza and cupcake products at six of their Minnesota locations.
To avoid cross-contamination and exposure to gluten ingredients, the pizzas will be manufactured by a gluten-free facility, frozen and then sent to the stores. Both the pizzas and cupcakes will remain in sealed packages until the items are literally at the table. Unlike the Domino’s pizza, those with Celiac Disease may partake in the Chuck E. Cheese pizza because of the safety precautions. The only drawback is, you’ll seemingly be paying full price for a frozen pizza.
What do you guys think? Would you sacrifice fresh-made pizza for a gluten-free alternative? Does Chuck need to find a way to make fresh gluten-free pizzas?
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor