In Case of Emergency, Just Eat This Survival Book
British car manufacturer Land Rover has teamed up with ad agency Young & Rubicam Dubai to create a new kind of survival literature for their vehicles…a kind you can eat.
The book’s premise and utility lends its hand to fortifying the theme that Land Rover vehicles can take on any obstacles in the desert, but can their owners?
To help Land Rover owners stay alive if they ever get stuck in the desert, the ‘Edible Desert Survival Guide’ has a plethora of tips on surviving the harshness of the desert. Everything from working with the scorching temperatures, dealing with deadly animals and navigating via the stars.
In case your newfound outdoorsy education doesn’t do the trick, and you find your stomach gurgling, the survival guide is made out of edible paper and ink, so you can just tear the pages out and chomp away. The metal binding holding it together can be used as skewers and the reflective packaging can be used to signal for help.
A survival guide that you can eat? That’s some serious food for thought. Or thought for food. Or something like that…
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor