Peanut Butter Brand Jif to Launch Line of Hazelnut Spreads
For those concerned parties that think Nutella has too dominant a share of the hazelnut spread market (har har), rest a bit easier tonight: Jif, the popular peanut butter purveyor, is releasing their own line of hazelnut spreads.
Despite Nutella‘s recent uphill battle regarding the healthiness of their product, Jif is pushing forward with the release of both their Chocolate and Mocha Cappuccino flavored hazelnut spreads.
Both of Jif’s new hazelnut spreads have similar nutritional makeup. Each flavor will run you nearly 230 calories and 14 grams per serving, and only net you 2 grams of protein.
It may not be the healthiest spread around, but as long as Jif doesn’t market it as a ‘healthy’ product, they can avoid similar recent troubles that Nutella faced.
Will you be trying Jif’s new spread? Have you already? Compare it to Nutella in the comments!
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor