If Choco Tacos Were Savory, They Might Look Like These Coffee-Rubbed Pork Tacos
It’s a bored recipe hunter’s wet dream. Imagine coffee-rubbed pork tenderloin on a warm bed of homemade chocolate corn tortillas.
The dish comes by way of Stef, who runs her own blog that’s definitely worth a bookmark: The Cupcake Project. As evidenced by the title, Stef traditionally lends her talents to the more sweet side of the recipe spectrum, but her sweet play on tacos is one to gawk at.
The pork tenderloin maintains its juicyness with a prominent coffee flavor, but accented with a hint of cayenne pepper, cumin, cinnamon, garlic powder and onion powder.
She notes in her recipe that the slight sweetness of the chocolate in the tortilla works as a fitting complement to the pork.
The title Choco Taco comparison may be unfounded, but sue me, you wouldn’t garnish your ice cream sundae with a cherry tomato, would you?
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor