Richard Branson Ice Cubes on Virgin Airways
He owns outer space, has mastered the Kobe System and he now has his handsome, billionaire face chiseled into ice cubes, ready to be served on his Virgin Atlantic Airways.
Sir Richard Branson will now be sharing drinks with those on his British airline (or at least his likeness will) and passengers will figuratively get a taste of success.
The ice cubes will go by the name “Little Richard.” They were created using the exact measurements of Branson’s head and took four designers six weeks to make.
This is not the only perk when riding Virgin, as the airline also features mood lighting that changes color throughout the flight to help passengers relax, curtains adorned with 1,000 Swarovski crystals — which don’t seem to be productive in any way, but are probably a nice addition to his swanky Soul Plane, and themed cocktails, some of which will probably sport his icy face.
Now the upper class passengers on Virgin will get a chance to see that Branson is a pretty chill person.
There has to be an easier way to mold faces into ice cubes. If someone can create ice molds that are more efficient than a six-week, four designer process, there might be something there.
How cool would it be to buy an ice mold with your favorite celebrities, or sports stars on them. I can’t be the only one who dreams of licking an icy sculpture that looks like Megan Fox. No? No one’s going to follow me on this one? OK.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor