Put Your Pans Wherever You Want With a Full Surface Induction Cooktop
I recall how flabbergasted I was when I would go over to friends’ houses as a child and saw that they had those induction cooktops in place of the traditional stove top burners I had back at my place. What became even more flabbergasting to me as I grew older was how limited these stovetops actually were in terms of pan placement, in essence making their utility just as equal as their traditional gas burning brethren.
Introducing Siemens Freedom Induction Cooktop, which allows pots and pans of various sizes to be placed anywhere on its surface, instead of being constrained to fixed cooking zones.
The way it works is brilliantly simple. When you put down an induction-friendly pot or pan, regardless of the size, the stove decides which magnetic elements are needed to heat it, and only calls on those pressured elements to do the heating. In comparison to other induction cooktops that use four fixed inductors under a ceramic surface, this new Siemens unit houses 48 conductors to form a continuous cooking surface.
While the amount of items you can place down is limited to four at a time, you still have the freedom to place them wherever you want on the cooktop. You can even move your pan in the middle of a cooking session, and the unit will automatically adjust settings to the new position. A color TFT touch screen sits at the base of the unit, displaying the size, shape and location of each piece on your cooktop.
Siemens currently has this unit on display at Eurocina 2012 as part of the Milan furniture show.
Anyone see that touch screen display and have an urge to use two rectangular skillets, an egg, and play one extremely live game of pong? Consider me intrigued, Siemens.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor