The World’s First Lickable Elevator, Wallpaper That Tastes Like Cake
Yesterday marks the launch of the World’s first Lickable Lift for some lucky individuals working at a communications company building in Great Portland Street, London. Curated by Jaffa Cakes, the elevator took some serious inspiration from Willy Wonka by installing 1,325 Jaffa Cakes stuck to the walls in order to provide some…activity for your tongue while you travel up or down through the building.
That’s a hell of a stress reliever if you’re having a rough day. Imagine mounds of paperwork piling up on your desk — instead of jumping out of a 13th floor window, you can take the elevator down to the first floor, lick some delicious wallpaper, and once you get down to the lobby, you’ll have forgotten what your elevator trip was all about to begin with.
According to The Sun, the unique ad installation took food technicians and artists four weeks to develop. To answer the hygiene question, once a Jaffa Cake is licked, they’re removed by the bell boy so no one else can lick the same cake twice.
It’s definitely not a great glass elevator that goes upwards, downwards, sideways, horizontal-ways — but it’s one that these UK lads will be talking about for a few days around the water cooler.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor