This Coke Machine Doesn’t Run on Cash, Just Hugs
Short on change? If you’re around one of Coca-Cola’s Hug Me machine, ‘love’ is the only currency you’ll need for an ice cold soda.
The new machines are part of the company’s “Open Happiness” campaign. To receive an ice cold soda, just give the machine a cozy hug.
For those looking to experience the magic, you can find one of the machines installed at the National University of Singapore. Each machine is dressed with the brand’s iconic red color background with a familiar white-colored script reading ‘Hug Me.’
Coca-Cola‘s “Open Happiness” campaign dates back to 2009 when it debuted as a musical piece during an episode of “American Idol.” Today, the campaign materializes in the form of a vending machine that dispenses happiness if you give it the right amount of love.
Word on the streets is the Coca Cola Hug Machine drew some serious crowds, with people waiting in line to express their affection for a free soda. I wish I could hug a local vending machine for a free soda. I might even go so far as to hump it, if it was asked of me.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor