IHOP Confirms Rumors, Now Serving Red Velvet Pancakes
IHOP announced earlier today that they will officially be serving Red Velvet Pancakes at participating restaurants. The latest menu item, an extension of their growing pancake line, features a stack of the Red Velvet Pancakes, drizzled in a cream cheese icing, powdered sugar and a dollop of whipped cream.
Red Velvet Pancakes aren’t a ground breaking invention, but to see it put on a pedestal via a national chain like IHOP solidifies the Red Velvet trend to be reaching its peak (or arguably, it’s downfall). Home recipes we’ve seen in the past year include include Cocoa-Kissed Red Velvet Pancakes, patriotic Red & Blue Velvet Pancakes and even Red Velvet Pancakes with Whipped Cream Cheese and Butter Pecan Syrup.
Los Angeles-based Buttermilk Truck also serves some awesome silver dollar Red Velvet Pancakes.
Are you excited for IHOP’s inclusion of Red Velvet Pancakes on their menu?
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor