New York’s Carnegie Deli Introduces “The Jetbow”
Newly acquired New York Jet Tim Tebow hasn’t even been formally introduced as a Jet, but he already has a sandwich with his name on it.
“The Jetbow” was announced by the Carnegie Deli in New York as the restaurant’s latest celebrity-named sandwich.
The Jetbow consists of corned beef, pastrami, roast beef, American cheese, mayonnaise, lettuce and tomato all crammed in between two pieces of white bread, and weighs an estimated 3.5 pounds.
Carnegie Deli’s walls are completely covered with pictures of celebrities who have attended the restaurant, and is known for its tributes to certain celebrities. The deli has sandwiches such as “The Woody Allen,” cleverly named after Woody Allen, and “The Melo,” named after Knick’s star Carmelo Anthony.
Carnegie Deli Owner Sandy Levine said that it would be the first time in the restaurant’s 75 years that a celebrity-named sandwich would contain white bread and mayonnaise, different from its usual combination of rye bread and mustard.
Levine also said that the ingredients in the Jetbow perfectly tailor to Tebow’s “All-American Boy” personality. Tebow’s picture already adorns the Carnegie Deli walls as he visited the restaurant after his Heisman-winning Season at the University of Florida in 2007.
Tebow is not even the starting quarterback for the Jets, but Tebowmania is the only thing stronger than Linsanity in New York, so he gets a sandwich.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor