McDonald’s Will Roll Out Its ‘Extra Value Menu’ Nationally
McDonald’s announced that it is going to reshape how it markets its value menu a bit by eliminating some things, adding some things and moving some things around.
First, they’re taking the small coke and fries off the Dollar Menu, which probably didn’t sell as much as the other items, and are replacing them with cookies and ice cream cones. Who needs a small coke when you can wash down your meal with ice cream?
Another key addition will be the national incorporation of the Extra Value Menu on March 26. The Extra Value Menu will consist of its already popular value items, such as its 20-piece chicken McNuggets, snack wraps, double cheeseburgers, medium iced coffees and snack-sized McFlurries.
There will be no price changes to the items in the Extra Value Menu, but will simply be moved from its current positions on the menu and will be clumped together with its other value item partners in crime.
Neil Golden, chief marketing officer for McDonald’s USA told Reuters in an interview, “The choices have been available for quite some time, we’re just making it easier for customers to find them and enjoy them.”
Basically, McDonald’s is taking its lower priced items that were scattered around the menu and reserving a special little spot for them. Just like I took all of the scattered information from the paragraphs above and neatly put it in one sentence.
This might seem a little familiar to Californians as McDonald’s incorporated the Extra Value Menu to its Southern California stores, along with its Mini Meals, but McDonald’s is now making the change nationally.
Aside from its menu changes, McDonald’s looks to promote its healthier items in its Happy Meal, stating that its fruit items will become the main focus in marketing instead of its toys.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor