Dunkin’ Will Introduce Pork Donuts in China
Dunkin’ Donuts has announced it will add pork donuts to its menu in China. The news came just as Dunkin’ Brands announced that NBA superstar Lebron James would be its new “brand ambassador” in Asia.
This might be the biggest news for China since they won the most gold medals in the 2008 summer Olympics in Beijing.
“Donuts are a very flexible product,” Dunkin Chief Executive Officer Nigel Travis told Reuters in an interview. “You can do savory donuts, you can do donuts with shredded pork — that’s in China. We also have a range of other savory products that we have been testing and introducing country by country.”
Dunkin’ said it is also in the process of getting milk tea and bagels with pork floss topping to its Chinese menu.
Dunkin’ is the largest chain of its kind in Asia, as along with its Baskin’ Robbins stores, it has about 5,400 stores across the Asia-Pacific region.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor