World’s First Pizza Museum Coming Soon?
To say Brian Dwyer of Fishtown Philadelphia enjoys pizza is like saying the Grand Canyon is just a hole in the ground. Dwyer’s passion for pizza hit a milestone in 2010 when he and a few friends decided to create a pizza-themed art show in Fishtown. The event, “Give Pizza Chance“, was a hit, giving Dwyer inspiration to expand upon the idea.
Fast forward two years later and a lot of eBaying, Dwyer is the world record holder for largest collection of pizza-themed items. His collection includes: comics, records, clothing, art, and countless other pizza-related objects.
Last April, Dwyer started renovating a 19th-Century building in Fishtown. Although he hasn’t come up with the money to build the museum and restaurant, Pizza Brain, Dwyer has created a Kickstarter request for $15,000. He has already earned over $3,600 of his goal.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor