This is What Happens When ’5-hour Energy’ Employees Get Caught Napping
What happens if you’re an energy drink company and your field marketers get caught napping on the job? That’s the scenario 5-hour Energy is currently facing with the recent emergence of a meme-worthy photo of two of their brand reps passed out in a sticker-wrapped company van.
If it was your company, would you acknowledge the picture, or just pretend it didn’t exist?
I guess when that image starts getting some serious airplay on social networks, that “pretend it doesn’t exist option” doesn’t look as good.
5-hour Energy took a seemingly bold road earlier today. Not only did they acknowledge the faux pas, they’ve turned it into a meme-pulsing caption contest of their own. Through their Facebook page, 5-hour acknowledged the photo and even calls out the meme artists who have been having their way with the photo as not being creative enough with their captions.
Here’s a look at their statement: OK, OK, some marketing representatives got caught taking a nap in a 5-hour ENERGY® vehicle. It’s kind of funny. What isn’t funny are the captions being sent with the photo. You can do better. Beat our caption and win a 5-hour ENERGY® prize pack. Entries will be judged on originality; cleverness and brevity (look it up).
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor