Birthday Cake Oreos Are Real, Here’s Everything You Need to Know
Apart from being the world’s top selling cookie, the Oreo brand is celebrating its 100th birthday this March 6th, 2012 with a limited-edition Birthday Cake-flavored Oreo. There’s a lot of interesting history to be recapped in the past century, in fact, did you know that the year Oreo was birthed was the same year the South Pole was discovered, as well as the tragic sinking of the Titanic?
The cookies will start hitting store shelves next week at a suggested retail price of $3.59 and they have nationwide distribution. While prices and availability may vary, expect these to be in as many stores as possible.
We were fortunate enough to get a box of our own so we could rummage through it and give these new cookies a try. Upon peeling open the box/bag, an aroma of birthday cake was pouring out. If you are even the slightest fan of the taste of birthday cake batter (think Funfetti), then you’ll have a good, sugary time with these new cookies. You get the colored speckled frosting on the interior, and the birthday-branded wafers for texture on the outside.
Each serving (2 cookies) is 6 grams of fat, 140 calories and 13 grams of sugar.
Here’s the consensus from around the office:
Eating these new Oreos brings a whole new meaning to the saying “It’s Like a Party In Your Mouth”
I used to think it was cool to listen to Slayer and worship the devil, ’till I found out these cake batter Oreos are only available in heaven.
Do you know how to post videos to Facebook?
They’re good, but too rich for my taste. Wouldn’t eat more than one in a sitting.
If I’m buying Oreos, I’m choosing these over the originals.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor