Become a “Bean Head”: Beanitos Bean Chips [OUR LOOK]
Beans, beans, they’re good for your heart and now you can munch on them in chip form. Beanitos has crossed over the usual tortilla and corn model and managed to put together a healthy, and flavorful bag of bean-based chips.
With its standard black bean, pinto bean, chipotle bbq, and cheddar cheese flavors, Beanitos has managed to keep a consistent natural bean flavor throughout.
Interestingly enough, Beanitos claims that it has found a way for their chips to not cause flatulence as beans tend to do.
As soon as you pick up the bag, plastered on the front are some of Beanitos’ nutritional fun facts such as its high fiber content, 4g of protein, low glycemic level, and that it is corn and gluten free. Aside from the massive protein and fiber bump, these little guys have enough flavor to seem unhealthy. High praise as far as I’m concerned.
Black bean: The black bean flavor doesn’t kick you in the head, or put you in a submission hold. It is the Beanitos’ neutral flavor that will certainly bring in those who are scared to try the new brand.
Pinto bean: The pinto bean has a true pinto bean flavor and I think you have to be a fan of pinto beans to open up this one. Where the black bean keeps it neutral, pinto punches you with a stronger bean flavor.
Chipotle BBQ: The chipotle flavor is the kicker. It starts off with a usual bbq chip taste, still provides the beany aftertaste, and then the chipotle hits you after a couple of bites in.
Cheddar cheese: The first bite of these cheesy chips doesn’t quite hit you until you’re halfway through the bag, then you get that traditional bean and cheese burrito flavor.
I’ve already picked out a favorite in the chipotle bbq. You can head out to you local Albertson’s, Kroger, or Mother’s to officially become a “Bean Head.”
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor