“First Meal” — Taco Bell Breakfast Now Has An Official Name
All last year, we saw sporadic Taco Bell locations testing breakfast, specifically an Irvine, CA-based location that we checked out in September of 2011. The plan for breakfast remained under wraps — would it ever become national? What would the official breakfast lineup include? When would they stop serving it? All day?
We’re now getting answers. In fact, Taco Bell told the OC Register their new breakfast menu will be launching in 750 restaurants in the West starting January 26th across 10 states. It even has a name — First Meal, a rather cute compliment to their late night menu branding, Fourth Meal.
Utilizing scrambled eggs, sausage patties, bacon, tortillas, and hash browns, the 11-item breakfast lineup may be late to the quick-service breakfast game, but it’s definitely a dense lineup of breakfast options for Taco Bell’s large customer base.
Orange County’s Fast Food Maven even mentions that by 2014, Taco Bell’s First Meal option is slated to be available in 5,800 domestic locations. The food items range in price from 99 cents, to $2.79, and include iced coffee (which was pretty darn good when we tried it) and Sausage & Egg crunch-style wrap.
We’ll have more information as it comes in:
[Leader Image via OCRegister/TacoBell]
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor