This Elaborate New Walgreens Has Sushi, Smoothie, Wine, Coffee, and Fro-yo Bars!
What do you go to Walgreens for?
Drugs, magazines, and the occasional box of candy? Exciting stuff right? But now you can basically spend a whole day at Walgreens, maybe even take a date there. This new 27,000-square-foot downtown Chicago Walgreens is trying really hard to separate itself from all the other drugstores and is becoming somewhat of a mini mall.
You can start off at the Sushi Bar and then go get some Fro-yo or visit the Bakeshop for some dessert. If you’re the kind of people that like wine, take your date for a stroll and gawk at over 700 bottles. Wanna try some? No problem, visit the virtual bartender, and have a sip. And if you really want to spoil your date, take her upstairs to the “look salon” for a mani and pedi, while you look at the selection of fine cigars and wait at the coffee bar.
Would you like a Walgreens like this in your neighborhood? I think it’s desirable if you live in a large metropolitan city, but I live in the suburbs, and although this seems cool it’s a little too outlandish for my needs.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor