YouTube’s Top Food Videos of 2011
Do you guys subscribe to food videos on YouTube? We do, and according to YouTube’s recently released list of top videos, the over the top antics of the Epic Meal Time cooking show has become a staple in foodie YouTube playlists.
In fact, one of their videos definitely was viewed over 12.5 million times. With that said, there were tons of other great food content on YouTube, and here’s what floated to the top in 2011:
1. TurBacon Epic Thanksgiving – Epic Meal Time (views: 12,569,336)
Bacon, Bacon, & Bacon…need I say more? 2011 was a huge year for the Epic Meal Time boys. Not only does each of their weekly videos routinely get over a million viewers, this particular video got so many views because it took what we already knew as a turducken and brought it to EPIC levels. Multiple animals, stuck together with “meat glue” and stuffed inside a BABY PIG! What? This video was brutal and disgusting, but after watching it I still wanted to try a piece, and that’s the genius behind the whole thing.
2. Make Gummy Candy at Home (views: 2,162,606)
Why this video is so popular is kind of a mystery. It’s a very simple video demonstrating how you can make gummy candy using a Japanese candy making kit. But the novelty of it is what really got me, and the cut outs are super duper cute!
3. Epic Mealtime Showdown of AWESOME (views: 1,920,065)
Everyone loves sandwiches, but this one takes the cake. This sandwich of extreme EPIC proportions is filled with bacon, meat, and cheese. There’s bread somewhere buried in there, but who cares when the whole thing is DEEP FRIED. I’m sure this video gave a lot of Super Bowl fans some good artery clogging ideas.
4. Healthy Meal Time! [Epic Meal Time Parady] (views: 1,874,907)
Tons of MEAT, BOOBS, and RIPPED MUSCLES made this video exciting. But the fact that they were trying to do a “healthier” parody of Epic Meal Time usually is a good platform for viewership. Was it healthier than an episode of Epic Meal Time? Only slightly, but was it still full of gluttony? YES, and we love that.
5. Vegan Black Metal Chef Episode 1 Pad Thai (views: 1,708,136)
A Vegan Black Metal Chef, definitely not an ordinary thing. But behind all the makeup, growling, and insane metal riffs this guy can really put together a good looking meal. This is more than just a cooking demonstration, it’s a music video you can sing or grunt along with as you cook. It’s a good change from the clean cut Food Network stars.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor