Dark Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Fudge Cookie
Did you know that it is National Peanut Butter Month?
No? .. Well, now you do. And, you should probably march your cute little self into that kitchen of yours and whip up some of these cookies. This cookie, changes the game for cookies, my friends.
Believe me. Your relationship with peanut butter, (because you will have one now after these cookies, no matter your feelings before) just got real deep.
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 1/2 cups 100% whole grain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups dark chocolate chunks
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- (you can use more of each if you need to, depending on how much fudge you want to put inside your cookies)
Preheat oven to 350F.
In a double broiler, melt your dark chocolate chips, over medium heat until smooth. Once melted, allow to cool to room temperature. In a large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar and maple syrup until light and fluffy. Stir in melted chocolate and eggs, until fully combined. Add your flour, baking soda and salt. Then fold in your chocolate chunks.
In a small bowl, mix peanut butter and confectioners’ sugar until light and fluffy.
Drop 1/2 tablespoon chocolate cookie dough batter on Silpat lined baking sheet, then add teaspoon-sized peanut butter fudge ball on top of that, and top it off with another 1/2 tablespoon of chocolate cookie dough. Bake your cookies for 10-12 minutes.
Admire your cookies once they are finished, because these babies won’t last you long.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor