Our Look: Cedar’s Pita Chips and Hommus
Cedar’s Mediterranean Foods sent us a whole bunch of goodness in the form of flavored Pita Chips and at least 5 types of Hommus this past week (Lebanese Elie and the Internet swears that it’s ‘Hummus’). We were stunned at the amount of flavors that actually existed with Pita Chips, most of us only have experiencing the classic Pita Chip or a garlic variety. But just so you know, Sesame, Cinnamon Sugar and Ranch Pita Chips DO EXIST.
And the only problem with sending us awesome flavors of hommus (Roasted Red Pepper, Garlic Lovers & Artichoke Spinach) is the fact that we’ll never be able to go back to regular hommus again. Well, at least until next week when we’re all out of this fancy hommus.
But by far the greatest discovery was combining the Cinnamon Sugar pita chips with good ol’ Nutella. The pita chip, being the strong carb flavor it is, didn’t fare to well with the addition of cinnamon sugar all by itself. But adding a flavor like peanut butter, chocolate or in our case Nutella, can take your pita chip to new heights. We already have thoughts of deep-frying pita bread with Nutella and cinnamon to get our Arabic Churro on. Take that Disneyland.
For your own taste, find yourself a Cedar’s retailer near you!
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor