The Man Behind Fried Cereal
Every morning during the commute to the FOODBEAST office, I’m either listening to Madeleine Brand and Larry Mantle on KPCC or some new tunes from KCRW. I felt very fortunate to catch the end of Madeleine’s show yesterday because I got introduced to the man behind Fried Cereal, Charles Phoenix.
Phoenix is known for his previous culinary contributions including the Cherpumple, a dessert version of the Turducken/Inception Dessert combining 3 cakes and 3 pies into 1, and the Inchezonya, an entree that combines lasagna and enchiladas!
Phoenix’s fried cereal includes a fine mixture of name-brands including Frosted Flakes, Lucky Charms, Cap’n Crunch, Cocoa Krispies and Fruit Loops. I definitely think adding some Cinnamon Toast Crunch wouldn’t hurt! What brands would YOU put in your fried cereal?
Phoenix’s videos definitely put the kitsch in Kitchen, but his culinary creations are definitely worth taking note. Below find his videos for Fried Cereal and the Cherpumple.
TOP STORIES THIS WEEK
- Elie AyrouthPublisher
- Geoff KutnickContent Director
- Rudy ChaneyProduct Development Director
- Charisma MadarangAssociate Editor
- Dominique ZamoraStaff Writer
- Brian YamamotoContributor
- Peter PhamContributor
- Patrick KhensovanContributor
- Kiera Wright-RuizContributor
- Isai RochaContributor
- Danielle MooradianContributor
- Cris WilcoxonContributor
- Aziza-Mistral SullivanContributor
- Dominique BoubionContributor
- Emily VillanuevaContributor
- Joey NargizianContributor
- Maziar AziziContributor
- Jennifer LaiContributor
- The Glut LifeRecipe Contributor
- Becky McKayRecipe Contributor
- Katerina PetrovskaRecipe Contributor
- Natalie PurcelRecipe Contributor